Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th didn't start very well...I stubbed my toe on the foot of the bed, then almost fell on some black ice in a driveway delivering Valentine treats to friends. Thankfully, the rest of the day went well. But...the evening was totally awesome, as my grandkids love to say.
I was planning to tend Rosie's kids so she and David could go out for the evening, and decided to take them swimming at the indoor pool nearby. Sheila and babies came over to hang with Von, and I included Halie in the swim trip. What was I thinking?
I was nervous at first, not sure if all the kids remembered how to swim! They brought their life jackets, and were comfortable wearing those....Just getting them all into them and keeping track of 4 heads above water kept me busy the first hour. But then, the older two even took off their jackets and were fine. At least they were big enough to touch bottom. Camron(5) still can't touch bottom, and is still learning how to use his arms and feet to power around. Had to go retrieve him a few times, with Halie in tow, of course.
There's a good-sized water slide at this pool, so the 2nd hour all of us climbed and slid down the slide, until a lifeguard told me Halie(3) was supposed to go down alone! Right! She was devastated that we couldn't go down a hundred more times! All three of the older kids were getting real creative on their runs down the slide...Camron made me nervous with his run and flop at the top of the slide! Tyler was going down on his stomach and backwards, and together with Kristin several times. As always, they hate to leave a swimming pool. Must be the Twogood in them!
Back at my house, Kristin had a headache and crashed on the couch without supper. Von and Sheila went to get some pain pills, after a call to David R. Sheila and girls went home, and Rosie's kids spent the night. What a night. I slept out in the livingroom with Kristin, since she was wanting to throw-up. She eventually went back to sleep after taking and keeping down a pain pill, so I went to bed...only to hear her wake up. She was out of pain and hungry, so at 3AM she had breafast, and we finished watching "The Little Princess" that we started after swimming.
Camron heard us, so he came up from the basement where he and Tyler were sleeping, and sat through the movie with us. At 5am, we all went back to bed! By 7:30, all the kids were up and eager to play games...so we played UNO until Rosie arrived to take them all home. And thus ended a not so typical sleepover with my adorable grandkids!

No comments: